Sunday, August 5, 2007

Starting Over, Take Two

Ok, going to Curves on a more regular basis didn't work too well. But I'm gonna try that yet again. Also, Boyfriend and I have decided that after losing all ambition to cook and eating out way too much as a result, we need to do something drastic. I am a big fan of the South Beach Diet because of its sensibility, and once we get past the first 2 weeks we should be well on our way to a much healthier lifestyle. I've done SB before and had some success on it, but faltered without any moral support. Since we are both going to be doing this together, we'll be able to help each other stick to it.

My personal challenges are:
  • I need to work out on a regular basis. This is the single biggest thing.

  • I need to curb my vicious sweet tooth so that I don't hit the vending machine

  • I need to plan my meals better
Planning and the vending machine go hand in hand, though sometimes I don't want to eat what I've brought to work with me. But if I know that we are both trying, I'll suck it up until the lo-fat cheese stick and celery looks a lot more appealing than the candy bar. Doing this together, though, I think will be the best way.

3 comments:

pollyhyper said...

I'm watching (and watching out for) you!!!

pollyhyper said...

Would like to hear more about your feelings about Curves. We have one in my town (nowhere near my work or even my house) and then there is a Ladies Workout Express RIGHT by my work which I've been thinking about joining, or else re-joining our local gym, which isn't that great but it's no-contract which is good for poor, broke me.

Kirsten said...

Polly - For working out, Curves is the best option for me. I HATE the regular gym more than anything. I think the best option for you will be the one that will be most convenient for you, as you'll be more likely to go and get your money's worth.